2009-05-29 / 16:43 / dave
Feel free to email me if you’ve got questions.
Title: Software Test Engineer
Precision Therapeutics, Inc. (Precision) is an applied sciences medical laboratory located on the South Side of Pittsburgh. Precision assists oncologists in choosing effective cancer therapies for cancer patients. We are currently seeking a Software Test Engineer to join the Precision team.
Duties & Responsibilities
Precision is seeking a highly motivated person to fill the Software Test Engineer position. The successful candidate for the position will join a talented team of ‘A player’ technology and biology professionals in the development of hardware and software systems designed to personalize cancer therapy treatment on an individualized patient basis.
This position is within the Technology Development Department and will report to the Software Release Manager. The successful candidate will maintain and monitor verification and validation activities within the Technology Development Department. The scope of position includes verification and some validation of all software applications and automation hardware that support other corporate departments, including: the clinical laboratory, records management, clinical trials, customer service, billing, sales, and accounting.
The responsibilities of the Software Test Engineer will include working with developers and users to verify and validate software requirements, assess risk, enforce change control, assist and monitor the creation of test plans and test cases, create automated test scripts, and execute test cases during phased releases. The position will be empowered to reject deployment of any software change that has not completed the change control process.
Specific duties include: Requirement reviews and validation, change control, risk assessment, documentation reviews, test case authoring, unit, integration, and system verification, code reviews, occasional test team leadership, and providing daily/weekly test status data to management for corporate project tracking.
If you are seeking a dynamic, challenging atmosphere, which is never boring, and a chance to make a difference and help cancer patients, email your resume to PTIResumes@ptilabs.com with the words Software Test Engineer in the subject of the email.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline. Master’s degree preferred
- 3+ years Software Testing experience in a process-driven, web-based software development environment (Agile or risk-based preferred.)
- 2+ years experience as a test case author and manual tester
- 2+ years experience assessing requirements and technical specifications for completeness and accuracy
- 1+ year(s) in a team leadership role mentoring new test team members
- Served as a Test Engineer on one or more projects throughout the entire software lifecycle.
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent writing skills with exceptional typing speed
- Ability to rapidly document detailed test cases that are traced to functional requirements and engineering specifications
- Ability to identify configurability and undocumented features for high-risk test opportunities
- Ability to identify gaps in requirements, specifications, and documented test cases
- Experience maintaining test documentation and traceability to changes in requirements and technical specifications.
- Experience with documenting project Test plans and exit/acceptance criteria
- Experience with manual test case execution techniques.
- Experience evaluating risk associated with application changes
- Ability to adapt to priorities that change frequently
- Ability to justify the categorization of test cases. (Acceptance, Regression, Feature)
- “Get it done!” attitude that strives to uphold commitments and stay on schedule
- Working experience in a software development environment with formal software quality processes conforming to ISO, IEEE, or FDA QSR standards and guidelines
- Ability to trace data throughput using Oracle SQL queries and xml parsing tools
- Experience writing automation scripts with Selenium IDE, Perl, or Python.
- Familiar with Eclipse development environment, source control, and ANT targets
- Ability to effectively describe anomalies in sufficient detail to reproduce the behavior
- Ability to work independently or in small teams
- Well developed and effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts with non-technical end users
- Proficiency with Microsoft® Office, Project, and Visio
- Team leadership experience
- Experience with process control and/or data acquisition
- Knowledge of statistics and numerical methods
- Experience with database design, development, and optimization